I know which casting numbers I need to look for but they just aren't appearing in the usual places. There is a lot of junk on the block preventing a good thorough inspection though. I wasn't able to clean off the other usual casting number spot just in front of the fuel pump. My dilemma is I had arranged to come this weekend to pull the motor out and take it home, but I can't know for certain what the dang motor is! I am worried that I will do all the work to pull it only to find it is a 235 haha. I guess the better question is do the presence of captain's bars somewhat confirm what the motor is? How likely are those markings to appear on a 235 other than the powerglide motor? Anyone form the Canadian side with experience with Canadian 261s out there? Thanks.


1951 GMC 9430 long box w/ hoist
1952 GMC 9430 long box w/ hoist (sold)