| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
191
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 1,038 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 1,038 | I owned my first antique truck (1942 Chevy half ton) for two months before I realized that the bed was a later '53 version, with the side mount spare tire. I was really new to the hobby and had no idea when I bought it. To mount the bed they had to cut the nice running boards about one inch shorter at the rear. The bed has the 53 fenders; I don't think your original fenders will fit at all.
I bought a Mar K bed for my '37 project as the original was just too beat up and it is very impressive. I would highly recommend you go that route.
Kent | | |
| |
| |