| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,103 Posts1,056,188 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2017 Posts: 370 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2017 Posts: 370 | I’ve done it. It’s easier that you think. I made a U shaped 3/4” plywood “pad” to fit around the oil pan so I was pushing on the bolt part of the oil pan not the pan itself.
Be sure to replace the mount cover too. The bolt on the driver side was tight coming out. Just lift the motor just enough to remove the bolts and use a Jack you know won’t slip. Could be a real finger smasher.
Don
Can’t begin to tell you how much I hate the name Stovebolt.
| | |
| |
| |