I was going to attempt that, but it is so stuck up in there, i'm not sure that would even do the job. How big a deal is it to remove those two bolts holding the "valve" piece in there between the engine block and the canister? I tried it with a socket, but the space between the bolt and a metal lip next to it prevented that, so i may have to find a thinner socket to fit in there. What fun. I would hate to attempt to get it out with a pick, destroy the gasket, and then find out i really have a problem now with trying to get it out. Otherwise i could just change the filter and reuse the gasket already in place. It looks to be in good shape as is.


1956 Chevy 3100 Stepside Shortbox
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket