I was out at Gateway's showroom today and stumbled on this old gem. I remembered in one of many conversations with Dave, on these old trucks, that he mentioned a 3800 yellow restoration that he did for a fella near me. I never saw the truck on the road or at a local show, but it sure is nice. Now I'm not sure it's $63K nice, the old boy probably spent that much with Dave and is trying to recover his funds, and maybe he will if he finds that one guy that needs it for his collection. I wouldn't bet the ranch on it though.
Anyway have a look, he did a nice job. For those folks that don't recognize the name, Dave owned the Hollister road company here in Houston and he offered a front wheel disc brake kit for 3800's. He passed away earlier this year, and will be missed.


Big yellow 3800


Allen
Yeah, well, that's just like, you know , your opinion, man - The Dude

1948 Chevy 3600 - goal Original restoration, Current Stage 1 - Disassembly and getting body in primer
1954 GMC 3100 goal Hot Rod, Current Stage 1 - Get body in primer
1931 Ford Model A 5 window Coupe - Old Skool Hot Rod
1945 Ford 2N Tractor - Runs great
1964 Ford 2000 Tractor - Use it every week
1974 Stingray Corvette