I am a ways away from getting to work on the bed of my 53 one ton (with the nine foot bed), but I know I am going to need new cross sills. Of the ones I took off the truck when I started this only one of them is in good enough shape to use. The problem is that I have not seen any repos that look like the ones I have. I took them up to Independence when I was getting parts, and no one claims to have seen parts like that before. I'll attach a couple of photos, and if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

Tim
Attachments
IMG_9568a.jpg (46.31 KB, 98 downloads)
IMG_9572a.jpg (75.76 KB, 96 downloads)


I am currently digging back in to a 1953 3800 (one ton) with a nine foot bed. I've owned it since 1979, and drove it until 1982 (or so). My wife got me involved in restoring it back in 2002, got the body removed and the frame redone, then things came up. Now I am retired and starting again. If anyone is interested I have photos on Imagur ( https://timwhiteblues.imgur.com/ ). I live way back in the woods in the Ozarks on 40 acres at the end of a 2 1/2 mile private road.

Tim