If you have a spray gun setup, I have the 3M PSS system, I mix some black lacquer primer and keep it in a spray cup. I mist this on my grey primer as a guide coat. It's cheap, it dries really fast, it doesn't clog the sand paper and it's handy.

Block with 360 wet or dry, either way. Once you have the surface RIGHT, block with 400 wet. All you will be doing with the 400 is removing the 360 scratches.

Wash with Dawn dish washing liquid and rinse. Blow all the water off and dry with clean towels.

Wipe area off with Rubbing Alcohol followed quickly with clean dry cotton rags.

Tack surface with tack rags you opened the day before. Apply one coat of Epoxy Sealer and let cure.

Tack rag again and apply base coat.

Keep it simple.

Frank

Tack


No better smell than that of fresh paint. I've been building and painting cars/trucks for 47 years. Not gonna stop now.
http://www.coxcustomcars.com/