Mike, did so for about 50 years; now too busy with the manufacture of rebuilding kits. Have not had time to work on carbs now for over 6 years (the kit business, however, is booming).

The Weber in my last post was NEW, and supposedly the HOT SETUP.

When it failed miserably when compared to an Autolite 2100 that I had rebuilt, I rebuilt and recalibrated the Weber....same result. So gave the Weber (and a signed blank check) to a company specializing in Weber modifications for racing along with the specs for our engine. Again....same result.

If you guys want to run Webers, be my guest. But if you have issues, and call me for help; I am going to suggest you remove the Weber, and hire a 15-year old to stand on the running board and pour gas into the engine from a leaky boot! In my eyes, this would be an upgrade!

Jon.


Good carburetion is fuelish hot air
The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one you attempt to modify.
If you truly believe "one size fits all," try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
The Carburetor Shop