Just joined... located 30 miles north of Dallas. Although I don't have a truck currently, I do have a '53 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe, with a '54 235. The current project is a 261 short block that is slated for the Bel Air.

I've worked on International and Chevy in-lines since 1966 near as I can recall. Originally from upstate NY, I spent most of my working years in the north-east, and relocated to the Dallas area 7 years ago. I don't miss the weather, and especially the winter salt-covered roads!. Working on vehicles that spent their years here in TX is a dream compared to what I used to have to deal with. Yes, Kroil and PB Blaster are my friends!


I'm presently semi-retired, and I do occasional consulting gigs that keep my auto hobby "fed."

Last edited by Peggy M; 05/17/2024 6:19 PM. Reason: added more info to the title

1947 2nd-Series GMC FC152 3/4-ton
Follow the story in the DITY

1953 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe Powerglide