Originally Posted by Achipmunk
Welcome to the Stovebolt drdoug. Congrats on the Bel Air and happy hunting on a picking up truck!
Lots of knowledge and great folks here. Watch for other members of the "Texas Connection".

Originally Posted by Justhorsenround
I like that body style of the Chevy cars. Prefer the no-post version or convertibles. A word to the wise, while the 235 is definately a stovebolt your BelAir does not fit the site guidelines. If you do have questions about your 235 post away just don't mention it's in a car. Some of us are just touchy that way. Welcome to the Stovebolt madness and good luck on your search for a truck.
shake

Originally Posted by tclederman
We heartily welcome you and your stovebolt engines, drdoug

Originally Posted by J Lucas
Welcome Doc, lot's of good info shared here. Hopefully, you'll some of your insight as well.

BTW: I've seen a few of those Bel Aire's that I would like to have in my stable.

John

Thanks, guys. Apologies for the belated thank you... just sort of learning this forum's ins and outs, and it's pretty different than some other forums I frequent. I understand the sensitivity of non-truck posts, and will keep that in mind. There are just so many same/similar parts that it makes sense for me to participate.

Thanks again.

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Doug


1947 2nd-Series GMC FC152 3/4-ton
Follow the story in the DITY

1953 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe Powerglide