Hi, new guy here. I have the hots for a rod project involving an Atlas 4200 series inline six put into a custom built rod, or rat rod, or track rod. Whatever you want to call it. My vision is for a low slung car with very good track manners and not strictly a hot rod, but something closer to a road racer that looks a little like a rat rod. No rubber rats or spikes or dually wheels or other weird stuff but probably a 1940's to early 1950's pickup body that has been chopped and channeled. Equal sized wheels and rubber all around and track car proportions for wheelbase and wheel track. Something that grips the road and goes around corners really well.

I think there are a few of you folks who have explored this engine for HP use and I am eager to know all I can about how this engine (and appropriate transmission) could be forged into something fast and road worthy. Why an inline six? 'Cause I want to. :-)

So I am shopping now for a good used engine etc. My local Pull a Part yard has 50% off at the end of the month and I am ready to go. Right now I need lots of advice regarding engine electronic controls, transmissions, weights, and dimensions. I would prefer a manual trans but it appears that they were only available on the smaller 4 cyl and 5 cyl models and even at that the manual trans did not hold up to the 5 cyl model. So I need some help there. This will be a low buck project so I hope to source most of the car from wrecking yard pieces. I think it can be done.

Please direct me to what forum or Atlas enthusiasts which are out there to help me get going. And thanks for the help.

Randy