| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (homer52),
256
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,180 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 4,491 Moderator, Electrical Bay | | Moderator, Electrical Bay Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 4,491 | There is an electronic to cable converter, but I'd check to see what users of it have said. When I did this I learned it had a tendency for the needle to bounce at low speeds...this was a pretty uniform complaint and some said speeds below 30 mph or so were not dependable. I called the company who makes the unit and they told me they knew it was a problem but added not everybody complained about this. At that time they were crazy expensive.
I bought an electronic speedometer from SpeedHut and I'm going to make a face that resembles as much as possible the original one and adapt the original needle to work on it. If you do this, you'll learn the odometer will be the sticking point. I wasn't able to find any electronic ones with an odometer that looked like the original, but you might find one if you searched today.
~ Jon 1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end
| | |
| |
| |