I have the 11 inch and it is no problem to push in at all. My suggestion would be while it is apart to get the flywheel resurfaced by a professional who knows exactly what he/she is doing and how to do it so that hard spots (some call them hot spots) are no longer a problem for you. Hard spots will cause clutch grabbing. If your flywheel is resurfaced incorrectly, I've learned the hard way these spots can remain higher than the rest of the surface and nothing will have been solved. You'll see these as bluish or rainbow looking hard shiny areas on your flywheel...and I haven't seen very many used flywheels which are free of them. You may also see lines or cracks radiating outward in the clutch disc path and places where metal has checked or flaked. If you don't fix these, my experience is that within a few thousand miles (maybe less) you will have lots of chattering and grabbing. If you start with a flywheel that has been surfaced correctly, have no oil leaks to foul your clutch disc and go back with new disc, pressure plate and t.o. bearing (hint...Rock Auto has good prices), you should be good for years to come. The Chevy 11 inch flywheels I've seen tend to resurface nicely. I had mine done at Wade Transmission and Gear and it came out looking brand new.



~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end