OK- - - - -got the essential bits and pieces to make up my own PDR kit, for a fraction of what the ones on Ebay are selling for. Hot glue, angle iron, fender washers, and 1/4-20 flat head screws make up the basic components. I'll glue a screw and washer to the body panel, then use the angle iron with a series of holes drilled in it as a lever to lift the dent. A small square of plywood under the end of the angle iron will spread out the load at the fulcrum end of the lever. The hot melt glue gets released with alcohol, hopefully with no damage to the paint. If things work as planned, I'll write up a report on how it goes. The vehicles I'm experimenting on don't have enough value to worry about making a few mistakes- - - -any improvement at all will be welcome.
Jerry