We'll, after my cousin talked himself into hauling the truck for me for gas money, we are headed out tomorrow to retrieve it with his semi and equipment trailer. So, weight will not be a problem..

More to come.

I did buy an original 1965 GMC factory brochure from eBay and it arrived today. I see the H in the model VH5008 is for 401 and 7" wide rear brakes vs the standard 351 V6 and 5" wide rear brakes. The heavy axle and wide front fenders could be options on either the H5008 or the 5008. And the 8 is for the 175 inch wheelbase. Now if I could just figure out what the V is for??

The truck has the optional 10-bolt budds as even I can see that from the pictures, LOL, but it will be interesting to see what other options the "county" ordered back in '65. According to the shop foreman, he believes the county bought the truck new in 65. I did ask if he could ask the secretary if they have/had a file on the truck with such things as a purchase order etc. He said he would ask and he would give me any info he had from the shop.

I will see what I come back with,

BaconFarms


1948 GMC 2 Ton
1958 GMC 370-8
1965 GMC 5000
1970 Chevrolet C50