The advice I heard for finding a good chrome shop is to ask the guys at the local Harley shop
That advice is so pathetic, but so true. The great American Iron Horse is dressed out in junk chrome.
My local dealer actually showed me a letter, on HD Corporate letterhead, that specifically stated that they would not honor any chrome defects under warranty in this area, Brevard County, as it is one of the most corrosive environments in the country. Yeah right. I'm sure that every area in the country has a custom letter too. Its a real shame that the high cost ride comes with low cost junk chrome.
I've spent many a dollar having my ride re-chromed piece by piece at the local plating shop. Oh, the local HD dealer also sends their junk there also and then adds the HD mark-up.
Your source offers good advice, as bike parts are generally challenging to plate properly since they come in all shapes and sizes, and require a lot of detail work.
This site offers some good detail on the
plating process for anyone interested.
Don