Tommy, the problem is within the X-frame on the ‘62. The yoke originally sat almost completely up inside the X, thus, the new transmission has to come far enough through the frame hole so that the driveshaft when installed does not rub on the frame. My brother has a 700R4 in his ‘62 and does not have a clearance issue. I like that option because of the OD. I’ve got to get the engine mocked up so I can do some serious measurements. Thanks for your help.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)