| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
103
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,494 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 393 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 393 | I saw this on the instructions for a disc brake conversion from Chevs of the 40's. I've never seen this mentioned in any of the discussions about disc brake conversions for AD or Task Force trucks on Stovebolt. Is this a major concern? I'm looking for more of an explanation regarding bent tie rods and "built in" bend - I'm not sure what this means. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.
A WORD TO THE WISE
You now have a front braking system far superior to the original installation. Because of this it is strongly advised that the front end supporting and locating system is adequate to absorb the increased braking loads. Since normal braking action may tend to spread the forward edges of the tires apart it is essential that you check for bent tie rods at regular intervals. This "spreading" of the front wheels results in a compressive type of loading on the tie rod and any "built in" bend may cause tie rod failure under severe braking.
It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.
| | |
| |
| |