Good morning Daryl.

I have a '36 Chevy "High Cab" pickup that I got in 1965 and it was all original back then. It had single arm window regulators and they don't work very well. I discovered back then that 2-arm regulators used through 1946 are a direct replacement and improve the operation of the windows.

There are other things you can do to that pickup to make it more pleasant to drive and safer like use modern tie rod ends and adapt in a tandem master cylinder and 3.55 rear gears using a '37 Chevy car rear axle that has the correct track (width) and will accept the 1950-54 Chevy car 3.55 gears. If it has a 4-speed crash box the 3-speed is a direct exchange and works nicely when properly set up and filled with the correct SAE 160 lube (not the 600W steam cylinder oil sold by the antique car parts vendors as a gear lube).

How's the gas tank, tight or full of pinhole leaks?


Ray