Also while I'm finishing my second cup O’ coffeeeee this morning, and was an thinking bout spraying, I got to wondering where do the fumes go in a professional spray booth? Years ago when we sprayed the product that built with lacquer to comply with OSHA regulations all that was required was an approved metal spray booth with filters. The filters took out the solid particles but the fumes were simply exhausted out into the atmosphere.
I understand that some of the products used to day are friendlier to the environment but not necessarily to the lungs. When using the 2k systems the approved spray booths still remove the solids and vent the fumes out into the atmosphere, correct? So even though we have our fresh air suit on, if the air is being drawn from down wind of the spray booth taint we still getting a dose? And what about the passerby that is downwind? All of the professional booths that I have seen vent vertically, I suppose the thinking is that by the time it reaches back to the ground level it will have dissipated enough to not be a human hazard?
As stated in a previous discussion, I’m looking forward to the day when they get the water based paints perfected.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL