Originally Posted by moparguy
Good advise HRL on thinking of the Boss. I've been guilty of boiling carburetors on the kitchen stove, baking wrinkle black painted valve covers in the oven and once....before a rainy deer hunt I slathered Sno Seal on a pair of leather boots, put em in the oven on the very lowest setting (150 degs or so) and went to bed. Welllll, next morning the wife gets up to cook breakfast biscuits, I'm in bed and hear all kinds of bad words coming from the kitchen. Yep, she had turned the oven on to preheat it prior to putting the biscuits in......without looking. WHAT was she thinking. Needless to say SnoSeal was the least of my problems.
grin
Reminds me of the time a roommate and I cleaned the carbon off a pair of heads on the kitchen counter of our apartment. Fortunately neither of us had a wife at the time.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.