Thanks guys, all input appreciated. I just found out about the Homecoming event next month just one state over...so I think I will run along there to get some more ideas. We really just need to decide whether to stick with the 235 and 3-speed or whether to make the switch to an 8 with a front suspension switch.

I know how 50s trucks drive and have warned the wife. I just dont think she appreciates how different it would be to her 55 bird which drove nice and smooth.

Apparently she watched an episode of Garage Squad last night whilst I was out ripping the fenders off of the truck. It was an episode where they worked over a '52 3100. They put an 8 into it along with an IFS setup. SO..something like that might be under consideration now. I need to put a parental lock on the Velocity Channel!


1951 3100 5-window
with a '55 235/floor mounted 3-speed
Some of the story in ODSS
Most of it in The Shops Area wink