I have 8 lug wheels with still different clips.
The only aftermarket clips I've found work on some (not all) 1/2 ton wheels.

I contacted a few spring manufacturers about making replacement clips and this one sounded most promising.
http://www.generalwirespring.com/

I sent them some pictures, measurements, and info and they replied they can make them and would like a sample.
They also said they could make them in stainless steel, so I wouldn't have to paint or powder coat them.
I haven't sent a sample yet... found some used clips.

I too had a set of wheels blasted and coated recently and removed all the clips for a better job. Had the clips blasted and coated with the wheels (not installed).
My plan for reattaching is either stainless solid rivets, same as the original "universal head" steel rivets were set. Or install 10-32 x 3/16" Helicoils and use 10-32 x 1/4" stainless button head Allen screws. In my estimation a #10 screw looks like the right size except the old rivet holes in wheels are to large to tap, a Helicoil fixes that.


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-