This is what I've installed. I've only run my 261 for short periods before assembly and haven't fine tuned it yet but this distributor from Tom installed easily, looks great, got me up and running quickly. I'm excited to see how the engine performs once my truck is on the road finally.

http://www.langdonsstovebolt.com/store/#!/Ignition-Systems/c/18665949/offset=0&sort=normal

I used the square coil and had to build a little bracket to hold it on the side of the head. Not quite stock looking but I'm happy with it. Here is a quick video of my engine's first start up. You can see the bracket near the end when I shut it off.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6xAX2z7CQFB0mqac2


Last edited by Fox; 03/21/2018 3:28 AM.

1970 Chevrolet C10
Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny
Follow the build in the Project Journal
1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually
"Ole Red Girl"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures here
1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's
Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300