Hi everyone,
So I finally got my 54 3100 restoration project driving, and all seems great. Unfortunately, I just noticed that when driving, the ammeter goes pegged to full charge. It drops to normal, between D and C when at idle, but as soon as I give it any gas, it pegs to full charge. I did a 12 volt conversion and am running an alternator, but everything else is original 6V, except for lights/bulbs and coil. When I first got it driving the ammeter read normal, and would only "jump" when I honed the horn. I'm thinking the battery may be bad, but don't want to spend $100+ to troubleshoot this issue, while also not wanting to burn up my wiring.
Another thing, is that I have a headlight suddenly out as well, could this be the culprit, or related to it?
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Nico
Last edited by blumarln; 03/12/2018 8:22 PM.