| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,075 Posts1,056,279 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,518 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,518 | I just got done rebuilding two SM420s and it was pretty straightforward. Bought the bearing kits on ebay for little over $100. One trans went in my 53 and I am selling the other. I have a lot of sm420 build pictures if you send me your email addy. Would recommend a press and a large bearing separator, and lock rings pliers. Also , there is a good GM SM420 repair guide that I could email you that offers step by step on disassembly and reassembly.
Last edited by sstock; 03/10/2018 5:32 AM.
1953 Chevrolet 3100261 cu inch, sm420, 3.55 rear, torque tube still,omaha orange, still 6 volt, RPO green glass, side carrier spare, all done In the DITY GalleryVideo of the 261 running1964 GMC 1000305 Big Block V6, sm420, the next cab off restoration
| | |
| |
| |