| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (John Dlugos, Buckeye998, Gray_Ghost, Gdads51, dt235sd, rfs56trk, BCBill, Otto Skorzeny, Dusty53),
236
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,172 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Joe,
Drill a 1/8" hole in the thermostat and you will get a little coolant flow to/through the head until the thermostat opens.
I have been doing this a 1960 261 for 47 years, and with a 1959 261 thermostat for 20 years.
I cannot see your 261 "bypass" housing, but I doubt it is the same as any housing used on any 235. I'll see if I can post some photos that were posted here when Deve was drawing/reaching some interesting conclusions regarding the later 281s' by-pass thermostat and housing. | | |
| |
| |