Thanks for the encouragement Mike. Yep, some times I get to running so fast my feet won’t keep up with my legs, then I have to pull in on the reins. I took a break this week, went to a grand wedding, and reception at the Medina Shriner’s grand ball room. That renewed my faith in the future of mankind, now I’ll try to get things back on track this week. Your absolutely correct in saying that you have to focus on one thing at a time.
I suppose you can say I create some of my own problems, although my “big old wife” says I create all of my own problems. My painting has kind of ground to a screeching halt here in the garage and I need to move the operation to the out building. I have been unable to clear out the hanger in the back yard. Twenty years ago when I had a real job, one of my hobbies was flying. I built a 45x40x14 pole building sixty feet out, away from the house. I still have two planes in there taking up space that have been grounded for 18 years. In a manic state I hadn’t considered the fact that I would have to pay for the building. That left me short cash to finance the flying. Well at least I got enough years in the air that I can say that, “ I’ve been there, done that”. Now that I’m over it I really need to get rid of those birds and make some room for a truck, a lift, and a spry booth. But then there was the Antique Radio bug that bit me also. I was collecting Old Time Radio Shows on tape (6,000) and I was feeling nostalgic one day so I decided I needed a big old Philco console to play the tapes through. That little jaunt took me through three hundred radios, and all the period radio repair test equipment, scopes etc., that I could grab for $20 or less at fifteen years worth of swap meets. I couldn’t pass up the investment in the 25,000 vacuum tubes that I would need to fix those 300 radios and I surely needed the complete sets of schematic drawings from 1925 to 1960 that take up one half of the hanger wall, floor to 14ft ceiling. But at last, I’ve gotten over that one to, and now I’ve come full circle. I’m now back to where I started when I was a car crazy teenager 45 years ago, wanting again to crawl around under old rust buckets.
Anyway, painting truck parts in the attached two car garage is pretty hard to do when you have an asthmatic in the house. Those that have lived with that know what I’m talking about, even the slightest smell can set of an attack. Just can’t seal off the door to the house good enough to keep the smells out. So I have been waiting for the warmer weather so I can do some spraying out side. Maybe then I can get the inside of the doors painted and put them back together, that is, if the interior paint is the right color, this time!
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL