Well after agonizing over the interior paint for my 1950, 3604 for the past eight months, I started painting some small parts. The “correct” ALK-200 paint I bought from JC looks like grayish brown mud, totally flat and no metallic that I can see at all.
I spent an hour with a new PPG dealer in another town and he bent over backwards to help me and came up with a Ford Arizona Beige Metallic in DBU. The chip looked real close in the sun light but when I tried my mix it is to light, not enough brown tint to it and is way to heavy on the metallic flakes. So I’m now a hundred bucks into paint plus all the shipping, driving and time and still don’t have a color that I am happy with.
I need to take a brake from this for a while, I can’t afford to keep on trying a quart of every thing that looks close.
I’d like to post some picks of the samples I made up but the confuser that can handle that is shot and I tain’t gonna spring for a new one now.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL