Not a bad deal to change, just work. But you do want to have the third member mounted in the housing (and it stays in the housing while changing the seal). It's a bear to break the pinion nut loose. I made a wrench that slipped over the pinion yoke with the free end sticking under the leaf spring to keep things from spinning while I used a 3' or so long cheater on a 1" ratchet. Also had to thin the walls of the socket I used on the bench grinder so it'd fit onto the pinion nut, you'll see what I mean. I used white marking paint on the castle nut and flange to ensure that on re-installation, I tightened it to the exact same spot.

Attachments
1-28-16 079 1.JPG (25.87 KB, 147 downloads)
1-28-16 080 1.JPG (34.39 KB, 152 downloads)
1-28-16 078 1.JPG (35.71 KB, 145 downloads)

Last edited by moparguy; 01/30/2018 1:16 AM.

RonR


1951 3600 with Clark flatbed, T5, 4.10 rear
1970 340 Duster
1990 5.0 V8 Miata (1990 Mustang Gt Drivetrain)
1964 CJ5