I agree with HR.
You are not trying to pull trucks and jeeps out of the mud or where ever.
You are just looking to drag 400 lbs a short distance, not 3000 + lbs out of the mud.
A good 12 volt deep cycle and a battery maintainer is the way I would go.
Harbor Freight sells them for about 7 bucks on sale.

Just my opinion.
Don

Edit: Mike, I was a jeeper also and still get hung up on the farm. A good high lift jack has unstuck me many times and still does.

Last edited by 2-Ton; 01/25/2018 7:35 PM.

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!