Regarding the front axle, I've seen no tag, (or holes for screws or broken off drive screws), and no casting numbers or stamped numbers. Pictures attached, 1 of the front within the rest of the rear pics. I'm not too worried about gears, don't have anywhere that I can, or have the need to drive fast around here, probably 50 tops and I have my '40 Chev for road trips. My main concern is brakes. They've never worked for me, and I don't think they worked much for my grandfather. Maybe occasionally with a lot of pumping. The 248 ran decent last time I drove it (summer '09 I think. Time flies!).
Attachments
52 gm drivetrain.jpg (78.58 KB, 68 downloads)
farm fleet.gif (99.36 KB, 66 downloads)


1953 Chevrolet 1100
Grandpa's truck
Story in Big Bolts
1952 GMC 9700
Story in Big Bolts
1948 Chevy Pickup
"Two brothers; two trucks"
In the DITY Gallery