Hi,

I'm trying to identify some stuff on my 1952 GMC 9700 (Canadian 3 ton) It has the GMC built 248, and I'm not sure on what the transmission or axles are. It has a vacuum operated 2 speed rear. All I've managed to find is a cast number "19750" above it is a "M" with a square around it, and that the shifter arm is a 25397. Front axle doesn't seem to have much to identify it, but from reading Griggs disc brake post it could be a Clark F466? never seen any info on those. Bolt pattern on both axles is the big 5 pattern, 5 on 8" with a hub center of 6". Any ideas on where to look?

Thanks,

Matt
Attachments
52gmc.gif (95.37 KB, 94 downloads)


1953 Chevrolet 1100
Grandpa's truck
Story in Big Bolts
1952 GMC 9700
Story in Big Bolts
1948 Chevy Pickup
"Two brothers; two trucks"
In the DITY Gallery