Tim,
Yes that's what it is. However I just went down to the hardware and got a pipe bushing. 1/2 to 3/8 and it was sloppy. As Jerry said, it must be a regular thread. Perhaps I'll grab a 1/2 to 1/4, drill it out and then tap it to fit if I can't find a proper one locally.

Panel, yes it's Canadian with the big port. I'm not sure of port size on earlier Canadian head for a 261.

Last edited by Fox; 01/14/2018 8:52 PM.

1970 Chevrolet C10
Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny
Follow the build in the Project Journal
1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually
"Ole Red Girl"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures here
1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's
Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300