| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (SuperSport, tclederman, wvstovebolt, 78buckshot, ‘37ChevyPU, Leo, Flint48, Red75bronco, 1 invisible),
67
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,697 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2015 Posts: 81 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2015 Posts: 81 | I used a red scotchbrite pad and sprayed 3 coats of satin lacquer on the interior pieces of my 47. Keeps my clothes and hands clean while driving it. As for the exterior, I'm with the other guys here, leave it be. I use Gibbs Brand penetrating oil once a year to preserve it. Spray it down and wait a week then give the truck a bath and off I go. Another suggestion is to wax it with a good carnuba wax with the surface heated to around 100 degrees. It's supposed to melt the wax into the rust and offer a good layer of protection.
Steve
Steve
1946 1/2 ton
| | |
| |
| |