This was a new master cylinder installed about 5 years ago and has not had fluid added since. I clean the underside of the truck every winter and had not noticed this before now. From the picture, it would appear the fluid is escaping from the fill cap. I have not pulled the carpet to get to the access panel. Couple questions...is the cap vented? If not, is there an O ring or gasket on the cap? I suppose it could have been overfilled when installed, but it would surprise me. Any ideas on a failure, other than over filling, that would cause this? The truck is not driven a lot, mostly a trailer queen, but I have not noticed any issues with the brake operation. The entire brake system was new 5 years ago (maybe 100 miles of driving). BTW, the bottom half looks dry because I used a wire brush to start cleaning it to repaint.
Attachments
brakemastercyl.jpg (257.8 KB, 159 downloads)

Last edited by FallenHerosDad; 12/13/2017 11:29 PM.

Dave
www.fallenherosdreamride.org
all give some
MY SON GAVE ALL

The fallen hero's dream ride is a 1951 Chevrolet 3100 with original 216
In memory of LCpl Phillip Vinnedge USMC KIA 10/13/2010 Afghanistan