| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,338 Members48,440 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 172 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 172 | I started digging into a rusty bubble spot on the hood of my '65. (Yeah, I was bored waiting on something else to get done...dangerous.)
It seems that someone body puttied over a ding but never got all the rust out first...and there is a small hole right through the hood in one spot. I fear that if I take out all the black stuff....(someone must have used a 'rust converter' instead of sanding to bare metal)...there may be more holes.
The hole I have is about the size of a pin head...it's big enough to put 18 gauge wire through.
This is not a resto job...it's a make her live and become a work truck job.
Can I use the jb weld? Should I use some of the aluminum solder that I have?
Dave 1965 Chevy C-30 1-Ton "Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." | | |
| |
| |