Well Wally, me old Stovebolt taint as fancy as yours, still the same old original 216 with
the same old 6v electrical system.
I did rebuild the heater motor when I restored the original deluxe heater, i.e., turned the
commutator, new brushes and bushings. Fan runs fine, will blow papers or rags around the
floor in front of the duct, the defrost hoses are new and tight, and I had the defrost funnels
out and reinstalled, (correctly). Been running a 180° stat year round for 12 years now.
The Engine stays cool in the summer heat and plenty of heat in the winter cold.
Once she's warmed up I can drive without a coat or gloves and that's saying something
for an old dude like me with poor circulation in his mitts.
I drive her regularly in the cold weather, as long as there isn't snow, slush or rain for the day.
When switching over to the defrosters the air can barely be felt at the windshield.
I've always felt there should be more air but short of redesigning the blower for more output,
I think that's the way they were from the factory beck in the day.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL