Awesome thread. Made a big difference for me and my 53. It's funny peculiar that you have something that you think you own. Without the Stovebolter's, those precious things that you think you own... in reality, own you. Thank you so much for providing a way to the truth. I paid $15.00 and a engineless 68 VW bug in trade for my truck back in 1979-80. I'm the second or third owner. For the first five years I drove it around running on five cylinders. I didn't know that I had a burnt valve on number 5 until I learned the benefits of using a vacuum gauge. During the tear down I discovered that I also had the wrong distributor cap and rotor. After reassembly it was like a new truck! Since then over the years I have driven this old friend somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 million miles with regular maintenance and the very best replacement parts and lubricants money can buy. Now with kindred spirits here at the Stovebolt, I'm looking forward to another 3 million miles. May the Good Lord bless you all. Respectfully yours, Qonnor.