Lugnutz,
I reviewed your T5 transmission page and immediately book marked it. It is a treasure trove of information thanks for putting it together. In regards to the rear end the one I am currently looking at is a 3.73 from a 78 Camaro. Im not too sure about tire size as of yet and tend to like between 26 to 29 in. dia.


I found a 1985 S10 T5 with mechanical speedo and a 0.73 ratio on craigslist and they are wanting 700! Sounds pricey to me and I wouldnt be able to inspect it since it is several states away. It seems that the T5 with electric speedo can be found for around 300. If I have to spend that much for one with a mechanical speedo I could buy a newer model and the digital converter for the same price. Thoughts?

I have to admit I had no idea how much each component, rear end, trans, and tire diameter were so intertwined in making this decision. I have to thank everyone for educating me on this.


1950 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton 3100