Tommy, I have read where a T5 from anything other than an S10 truck will have issues with clearing the bench seat. How well did the Camaro T5 fit. Because of this I have limited my search to S10 trucks and its been difficult to locate ones with mechanical speedometer. The closest I have found so far is a T5 for a 4x4 but it has a torsion box that I dont need and I have no idea if it would have fitting issues.

Genewiseman, Thanks for the info about explaining the ease of use between the two trannies. I have promised my daughter she could drive it sometimes......still cant believe I agreed to that, but it needs to be relatively easy to operate.

Norcal Dave, Can you tell me what type of vehicle your T5 came out of?



Thanks everyone for the information! I think i have been convinced to go for a T5.


1950 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton 3100