| Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,810 | I just took delivery of the piece of 3/4" plate that I'm going to build the boring jig with. Now it's going to be a matter of checking to see if the "surface ground" finish the supplier promised is accurate enough to be used as is, or whether I'll have to get it trued up after all the shaping and drilling to make it bolt on in place of the bellhousing is done. I suspect that will be necessary to assure the lip seal bore hole is accurate and concentric with the crankshaft centerline. Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
|