Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
Converting a 216 to full pressure rod oiling is a solution in search of a problem. It's also possible to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear- - - - -but it makes the pig look funny and they don't hear too well afterwards! If you bore a 216 block .060" oversize, a standard diameter 235 aluminum piston fits and the displacement goes up to around 224 cubic inches.
Jerry


Thanks Jerry for the input. I have been curious about the conversion more than spending the money to do it. The squirt oiling worked well for it's lifetime. The information on the pistons is invaluable. Once I can grab the 40 engine and get it back to Lilburn the better. I have been helping my brother recover from a surgery so I have not been able to go. All is well with him now. Does it matter the year of the 235 piston for a 39 or 40 216?

Thanks as always

Harmon

Last edited by Harmon Hodge; 11/17/2017 9:05 PM.