| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,480 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2017 Posts: 88 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2017 Posts: 88 | After months of searching I finally located the two yokes I needed to connect my torque tube axle to my 57 SM420 tranny. I was installing a new u joint yesterday I and noticed that both yokes have around 1/8 inch side play to the yoke. As if the center circle that makes up the u joint is too small or the ears on the yoke are too far apart. Can anyone tell me is this normal? I think on an open drive shaft this would be a big problem. Since the torque tube is held in place by the ball coupler that slop maybe important to have to help with any slight misalignment. I think what I have is probably ok and correct but I have never put together a tourque tube drive line and I am just not sure. Thanks | | |
| |
| |