Why was it necessary to replace the entire lower panel? If is because of rust, then I suspect that the pinch weld between the upper and lower rear panel will be horribly rusted as well.
Does the replacement panel have the flange at the top which is to be pinch welded to the upper half?
The problem with this repair from my standpoint is that the pinch weld is inaccessible from the inside or the outside. It is covered up by a panel on the inside.
Can you post some pics of the replacement panel top flange? (It is really easy to post pics now. Even I can do it!)
I have had to cut out and replace the entire beltline pinch weld on my '52. It was a monumental chore.
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission