I have a 1950 chevy truck and thinking about making it into a hauler , wrecker . Buy putting it on a 1970 1 ton dually frame with a Ls engine that I have. The only thing that concerns me is the front 1 ton suspension. I am thinking by doing this, the front stock dually wheels will stick out of the wheel wells. similar to most 4 wheel drives. But that's not what I want. Rather have them under the fenders. Normal looking. Also use the dually wheels to match the rear. I had plenty of ideas. But I am not sure what will work. Like using the suspension from a single wheel one ton, or 3/4 ton. then using front adapters to match the bolt pattern. As I remember the single 1 ton and the 3/4 ton do not have as wide of a track as a dually. Also seem like the 1 ton spindles and hubs are a lot wider then single wheel and 3/4. making the track wider. Anyone done something similar ? Or have Ideas.
THANKS !