Quote
Originally posted by apachetrucks:
Very nicely put togather presentation!!!

Thanks for sharing with us.

I also like your album on door skins and was suprised at the finish you got on the fold using the air hammer.I plan to try this on some practise pieces.Did you use the normal 90lbs of pressure at the hammer or cut it back some??

Thanks,Hobert
I have a small brass regulator at the air hammer turning down the pressure.
You should be able to see it in one of those pics. I dont know what pressure it is but I would guess around 30-40. The key to doing it like that is a short stroke air hammer. Dont try it with a long barrel air hammer. For the dolly a hockey puck works the best.

As for the dry guide coat it replaces the spray bomb stuff. It is basically a dry powder applied with a large pad. Looks like something your wife would use for her makeup. 3M sells it.
I use it for everything, sanding filler, sanding primer wet or dry...Eric


Currently working on custom metal and How to videos.

1949 and 1972 chevy trucks
70 chevelle SS455
Pictures of my work and projects
http://community.webshots.com/user/sevt_chevelle