I had a Dodge 440 pull truck engine on the dyno one night that developed a sudden air leak at one intake runner while running at full load and 6500 RPM. The max HP we got on that pull was 714 on one 4 barrel and gasoline. I heard a slight detonation rattle, and before I could chop the throttle and kill the engine, it had burned a half-dollar sized hole in one piston. It took less than 5 seconds. Gasoline engine detonation is one of the most destructive forces short of a nuclear explosion. It's got more power than an equivalent weight of dynamite or TNT.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!