Thanks Guys. Here is the latest update.
We have swapped plugs and wires from working cylinders to #3 and #4. That makes no difference. I have an inline plug tester where you insert it between the plug and the plug wire and then run the engine. when it sparks, the light on the tester lights up.
The distributor does not have a set of points. It came with an electronic trigger. A Petronix I think.
I tried DennisM's suggestion to make sure that we have ground at the plug hole and it is not painted over. I checked it with an ohm meter and all have the same reading.
We just pulled the plug out of #3 and #4 plugs, hooked it up to the wire and started the engine while grounding the plug. There is spark at the plug confirmed.
This leads me to the valves. we are going to pull off the cover and re-set the valves.
Anyone else got any ideas?
Last edited by Ken & Sons; 10/01/2017 3:56 PM.