Hey guys! My 1950 3100 project is moving along nicely and my donor truck is about to go. Should I use the harness? Or go ebay?

Off the donor was front and rear suspension, 350 stock motor and a th350 trans. With the front suspension done, my rear axle is just waiting on spring bushings in the mail. I've sold a bunch of stuff off the donor (84 c10) doors, fenders, etc and I want to get it out of my yard

I was thinking of taking the wiring harness out. As I started really looking it over, there is a lot that goes nowhere. Connections that just hang or go to nothing.

Is it worth pulling it all and taking off the excess?

What's so different about all the kits to have a price range of 50 to 500?

I need lights inside and out...stuff for electric choke, alt, distributor, lights, heater, wipers, future A/C. Using a 55 steering column if that helps. Using a mechanical fuel pump. Gauges, radio, ignition. Manual doors.

So...do I need a pricey kit? And, as a side note, where are risible links required or needed?